Skip to main content

How Was Your Weekend?

Life’s been busy and I find less and less time available for blogging. I’m temporarily assigned to another subsidiary company to look into some compliance issues. Therefore, documents are piling up my desk and emails are flowing in my Inbox like…. no mercy!
I’m supposed to complete this task by 12th December (that is 2 weeks from now)… the problem here is…. How can I!!!???? I’ll be on leave from 2nd December to 11th December… that means I only have now until Thursday (1st December) - F.O.U.R days, I kid you not! - to complete them…… hoollyyy ssmmokkee!!! OK… this should be my last post for this week before I’m off for a 10-day-long leave.

How was your weekend?

Mine? As usual…. Saturday morning, I was busy putting some final touch on my Lemon Cheesecake, ordered by a friend of mine for her husband’s birthday. After that, I went out to do some banking chores…. and managed to open up a savings account with HSBC bank in USJ. I will give the ATM card to Nik so that he can withdraw money from Jakarta without having to pay any fees (like what Maybank is practicing).

Then I took the kids to Canai & Such for some good roti canai breakfast (they just love roti canai) and later we went to Sunway Pyramid to buy some stuff. We had lunch at The Chicken Rice Shop, where I lost my 20 bucks! Well, I have a habit of not keeping my cash inside my purse. Sometimes I just tucked them inside my jean’s pocket, sometimes slipped them in one of the compartments inside my handbag, and most of the time I hold the money in my hand, walked out of the shop and later I found out that I’ve lost the cash! I put them everywhere but not inside the purse….Nik always ‘lectures’ me on this but somehow it has become like a habit…. I must say it’s a one hard habit to break, hehehe… apart from being a careless and clumsy (sometimes), I’m also forgetful. So, this habit of mine sometimes makes things more complicated!

Saturday evening, we went to see ‘Puntianak Harum Sundal Malam 2’ with my sister-in-law and her kids. I closed my eyes more than the children did… hehehe… I have never liked any horror movies, anyway, but the children (my kids and my nieces) are so keen to watch this movie. So that night, we slept with the bedroom lights on (hahahah!!!).

Sunday was quite busy too. I woke up very early because had a huge Hari Raya order from my customer, and I finished cooking around noon. Didn’t do much yesterday, plus, the weather was cold and cozy so we decided to lay back and watched TV. Naqeeb asked me to help him with his remote control car….. and I went, OOhh noooo!!!!!!!! Nik knows that I HATE things that come with Instruction Manuals…. Most of the time (or every-time) it was Nik who always took the trouble reading all those manuals, be it manuals for toys, or any electronic gadgets…. basically everything. So yesterday, Naqeeb’s request put me in a state of numbness for a while. I panicked….. just look at the picture…...


The manual is 2 pages long, okay! And I thought...'Wish Nik is here to read it!' …. Hehehe






Why do toys for boys have to be this complicated?


Just look at the toys for girls….. it’s so simple… no manuals, no nothing. Let them out of the box and there you go…. You are all set for some fun!!!!





However, with the help from my 2 genius-wonderful children, I managed to put the toys together. Come to think of it…. these kids think and act very much like the father… Naqeeb likes to play toys that allow him to think and try, like LEGO-kind-of toys. He likes to build and put things together. Nasreen likes jigsaw puzzle and Scrabble…..hmmm, will they grow up to be engineers just like the father? Only time will tell……

I had a great weekend……… looking forward to the next weekend!!!!!!! Feel like pushing the ‘fast-forward’ button… hehehe…

Have a good week ahead and happy working !!!!!!

Comments

Leilanie said…
Zura,
cuti ke mana sampai 10 hari?
syok ye....

P/s : I watch PHSM1 for the sake of Maya Karin. I simply adore her. (I first saw her performing live during a play, where she also sang). She's better doing theatres than movies. I've not had a chance to watch PHSM2, though.
NAH said…
Hi Lanie,

Going to see Nik, and probably go to Bandung (if time permits). Any clues on where to go and what to eat?

I prefer PHSM1... lagi seram to me. But try and watch the 2nd part.... maybe u have different views.
eyna said…
Zura,

Have a good trip to Jakarta.. Have fun!

-Ina-

Popular posts from this blog

To Be or Not To Be

Deadlines were over…. Yesterday was my last day here…. And today marks a whole new beginning of my career life here….. I could be wrong or I could be right for making this decision… but I’ve made up my mind to take up the challenges, nonetheless. I know I’m subjecting myself to a lot of hardwork as well as criticism, scrutiny and observation from the rest……. and time definitely has to be compromised. But being a risk taker…. I am, I know I just have to pull myself together and face the obstacles - one at a time. It’s too late to undo things anyway and the best thing to do is to be positive. Both legs are in and it’s time to march towards the horizon with pride and dignity. Only time can answer the doubts that I have in me now… meanwhile, I need all the luck that I can have.

It was Nik's Birthday

It was my husband’s birthday yesterday and we took the day off to ‘merewang’ while feeling young, kononnya. The theme of the celebration? Reminiscing the days when we were courting back in 1993 minus the snow.... ancient sungguh rasanya! We had our breakfast at O’Brien’s early in the morning and took a slow stroll along the shops in OU and enjoyed every minute of it (at 10am in the morning, mind you, and the shops were barely opened). Later we watched ‘Lake House’ and we were charged RM12 only for 2 tickets (the early bird tickets were so damn cheap, I almost fainted!). There were only a few couples inside and we took the opportunity to sit right at the middle (ikut suka hati), since the theater was quite empty. How was the movie? Hmm… ok la, I would say it was the right movie for the occasion… hehe. A bit slow though, biasa la, romantic piece. The ending part was quite ‘touchy’ and yes, Mr Reeves was so stunningly handsome (oh yes, nampak tua sikit la and still got the looks).

Antara Anyir & Jakarta

I’ve been making regular monthly trips to KLIA since my husband was posted to Jakarta last year. And yesterday….. again, I made my ‘latest trip’ there to send him off (after the recent trip that I had on 3/3/06 when I picked him up from KLIA to spend his 10 solid-days holiday with me and the kids here in KL). Time sure flew fast when you wished for the earth to stop and let you enjoy your 10 days just a little bit longer. Nevertheless, the ‘most awaited 10-days’ was over…..Nik is now back in Jakarta and I’m now back in my office, sitting in my chair, swiveling around every 10 minutes, gazing lazily at the workload dumped on my desk and trying very hard to find every energy stored in my body just to touch those piles of paper…. argh! But the 10-days period was spent joyfully. We took the weekend off last week for a quickie getaway at Cyberview Lodge Resort & Spa…. and oh boy! the resort is spectacular and the view is breathtakingly-beautiful. Of course, the children were the happies