Skip to main content

It was Nik's Birthday

It was my husband’s birthday yesterday and we took the day off to ‘merewang’ while feeling young, kononnya. The theme of the celebration? Reminiscing the days when we were courting back in 1993 minus the snow.... ancient sungguh rasanya!

We had our breakfast at O’Brien’s early in the morning and took a slow stroll along the shops in OU and enjoyed every minute of it (at 10am in the morning, mind you, and the shops were barely opened).

Later we watched ‘Lake House’ and we were charged RM12 only for 2 tickets (the early bird tickets were so damn cheap, I almost fainted!). There were only a few couples inside and we took the opportunity to sit right at the middle (ikut suka hati), since the theater was quite empty.

How was the movie? Hmm… ok la, I would say it was the right movie for the occasion… hehe. A bit slow though, biasa la, romantic piece. The ending part was quite ‘touchy’ and yes, Mr Reeves was so stunningly handsome (oh yes, nampak tua sikit la and still got the looks). And Sandra Bullock was so drop dead gorgeous! I think they both should marry each other. I love them!

Then we had lunch at Just Thai and continued with our rounds…. Sampai penat la kaki katanya. Hmmm…. Why we went to OU??? Ntah! Because it has lots of shops… hehe… so un-romantic eh? No la, I thought it was convenient, lots of place to eat, movie theatres, shops, mega sales, walk walk, eat, eat, talk talk while shop shop….. after all, where in KL can you find romantic spots in daytime?? Nan ado! I was thinking Tugu Negara in conjunction with the upcoming National Day celebration tapi tak kuasa la nak berpanas kat situ…. Hahahah…. Feeling patriotic la pulak.

Anyway, the day was well spent, and so was the RM….. ! aiyahhh, this Mega Sale is really getting on my nerve lah, I tell u!

Comments

Leilanie said…
Zura,
I think that was just the "perfect" day out with Nik. (Happy Birthday to Nik).

Couples should do this..... taking time out from work and kids, and spend precious moments together. It's something couples owe to each other.

Glad that you did not make that stroll kat Tugu Negara. haa haa.

p/s :
I think Mr.Reeves is gay; that's why he is never really seen with a woman; and he seems to only work with Ms. Bullock and Ms. Theron.
Zetty said…
funny la the part "the early bird tickets were so damn cheap, I almost fainted!"

hahahahaa....

I shall try that some time.
NAH said…
Leilanie,
R u kidding me? He REALLY is a gay??? oh no!!!!!! Such a waste! Perhaps I should pay more attention to Mr Hartnett then! Another heart throb.... *drool*

Zetty
Yes... so cheap eh? Like 50% off gitu.... Mega Sale kot????
Leilanie said…
Yep ......... that's how cheap tickets are if you go watch the morning show.
Have done that once or twice with Emil and hubby.
Syiok. Murah giler.
eyna said…
Wah... happening sungguh tgk movie pagi2.. I nak cuba lah camni..

Happy Birthday Nik!
NAH said…
Leilanie,
Thinking about how cheap the tickets are for early morning shows makes me wanna quit n be a full time mom lah pulak!

Ina,
Memang best... heheh tapi kosong je semua tempat, semua org belum bangun tidur!
ku E said…
i did the same sometimes with kids on saturdays. went off to ipoh very early. had breakfast at either mcD or coffee bean, then we headed straight to tgv. the tickets were absolutely cheap ;)
Anonymous said…
KuE
absolutely true! Normally I'll catch the mid nite shows, so jarang2 sgt tgk morning shows... bukan apa, banyaknya nak kena buat kat rumah kalau weekends!
cpj said…
waahh... murahnyer those movies ticks. mega sale ni too much laa.. poket makin nipis niee.. :P
NAH said…
CP,

mega sale memang melampau kan? Bukan takat poket makin nipis, makin besar koyak nya.. abis duit tabur tabur cicir kat jalan eh..
Sapa nak di salah kan ni????
Naddy said…
wahhh yeke... murahh eh?jom ramai2 gi tgk the breakups ehehehe

sweet apa one day jalan2 with hubby... :) my hubby's bday end of the month plak... ehehe
NAH said…
Naddy
Yes, BreakUp is a good movie to watch.. indirectly it tells our husbands "appreciate lah your wives!!!!" hehehe..
Naddy said…
ehehehhe yeah, tru :) x sabar nak gi tgk nie ehehehe
kimi azhan said…
Zura, duit you bukan tercicir di jalan, that's what we call "indirect investment", no ROI required.... hehehe... pandai-2 buat teori economi sendiri. Anyway, I support the "spending time with your hubby" advise.. Hubby nowadays can be so busy that we need to slot ourselves in their calendar as well! Grrr...

Happy Belated B'day to Nik
NAH said…
Kimi

TQ for the wish. A ah, agreed 100%. Appointment needed if u plan to 'date' ur husband on weekdays! Dulu takde pun????!!!hmmph!
kimi azhan said…
Zura, dulu we all are in the "priority list". Now, kita semua (the wife) dah masuk dalam "waiting list"...
NAH said…
Kimi
Aiyohhhh... that bad ah??? hehehe

Popular posts from this blog

To Be or Not To Be

Deadlines were over…. Yesterday was my last day here…. And today marks a whole new beginning of my career life here….. I could be wrong or I could be right for making this decision… but I’ve made up my mind to take up the challenges, nonetheless. I know I’m subjecting myself to a lot of hardwork as well as criticism, scrutiny and observation from the rest……. and time definitely has to be compromised. But being a risk taker…. I am, I know I just have to pull myself together and face the obstacles - one at a time. It’s too late to undo things anyway and the best thing to do is to be positive. Both legs are in and it’s time to march towards the horizon with pride and dignity. Only time can answer the doubts that I have in me now… meanwhile, I need all the luck that I can have.

Angels - Mission Possible...!?

Last week was a week full of excitement for me. One, because I was busy with my work, so the week went by faster than usual…. (meaning: less time spent on ‘termenung’ & missing my husband); Two, my hubby dearest was scheduled to arrive on Friday night (3rd March 2006), the more reason for me be thrilled and eager counting the days; Three, me and the rest of March Angels ( Leilanie & T. Ina ) planned to meet up on Friday (3rd March 2006, also) to celebrate our birthdays and Leilanie had this fantastic idea of challenging ourselves to find gifts for the birthday mommies (and the gifts must cost less than 10 bucks each!) – and Leilanie, I must tell you that this challenge really made me sweat all afternoon on Thursday….. hehehe …and Four, me & my husband (and also the children) planned for a weekend getaway to Cyberview Lodge Resort & Spa on 4th & 5th March 2006. There I said it…..nothing much to say about point One & Two…. but point Three and Four…..definitely!!!