Skip to main content

Angels - Mission Possible...!?

Last week was a week full of excitement for me.

One, because I was busy with my work, so the week went by faster than usual…. (meaning: less time spent on ‘termenung’ & missing my husband);

Two, my hubby dearest was scheduled to arrive on Friday night (3rd March 2006), the more reason for me be thrilled and eager counting the days;

Three, me and the rest of March Angels (Leilanie & T. Ina) planned to meet up on Friday (3rd March 2006, also) to celebrate our birthdays and Leilanie had this fantastic idea of challenging ourselves to find gifts for the birthday mommies (and the gifts must cost less than 10 bucks each!) – and Leilanie, I must tell you that this challenge really made me sweat all afternoon on Thursday….. hehehe

…and Four, me & my husband (and also the children) planned for a weekend getaway to Cyberview Lodge Resort & Spa on 4th & 5th March 2006.

There I said it…..nothing much to say about point One & Two…. but point Three and Four…..definitely!!!!

The Angels planned to meet up at Penang Village, TTDI around 12.30 – 12.45noon. Since I had a meeting scheduled at 2.30pm on that day, we planned to leave our offices early… (the new VP reported for duty last week.... and here I was, planning to leave early for my lunch date?? Apa citer? So much of wanting to impress the new boss....)
Well, me being so determined to be there on time (despite the voices in my head telling me that I should be a good girl!), what I did was I left my handbag in my car that morning so that I’d be able to walk out from my office empty handed and escaped unnoticed...nicely organized eh? (I hope none of my children will take after me on this…heheh) and Leilanie, uhm..…she…. err… I’ll let her declare her confessions on her adventurous escapade …. hehehhe…..

And I arrived at the ‘shooting location’ around 12.45noon…. waited until 1pm, for Leilanie & Ina to be there …… (apparently, she was caught up with something during her final move to leave her office).

Anyway, the lunch went well; we exchanged gifts, took pictures, then we ordered our food (3 dishes + 3 plates of white steamed rice) and we finished every single bite of them….. ok, maybe I was the one who took the biggest portion….and lapped up all the last pieces left on the plates – or was it Ina? Please refresh my memory here……..hehehhe…..

The rest..... these pictures paint a thousand words……













The gifts and the empty plates.... wahhh, real punye lapar nih!



Aksi aksi Perempuans Melayu Terakhir..... posing ala ratu gitu!

Abang camera yang banyak berjasa dalam penggambaran filem Ratu harijadi....(and he was tipped generously, ok! So, tiada kerehan tenaga secara paksa disini)

Comments

Leilanie said…
We had fun, didn't we, Zura.

Ina was suggesting that one of these days, we should all take a day off and go pamper with a head-to-toe spa.
(and before the spa treatment - we should go watch a movie, first).

That's sound great, kan.
NAH said…
Wow..... that, i must say, is one heck of a briliant idea!! Uhmm... can we have ice creams after the movie? I missed that course in Penang Village... :)
bunkerangs said…
oh the restaurant nyer ambience looks very inviting. what's the name of the place..ni tengah collect the names of restaurants that are good so that when we get back can go gallvanting :) need to retrace our honeymoon nyer trip lah..driving all over malaysia..:)
NAH said…
Bunkerangs, the name is Penang Village - ada in Alamanda, TTDI and a few more places. Wah, coming back ye..... when?
eyna said…
I have another idea.. 1st, go watch movie, then go skating kat Sunway Pyramid, lastly go spa treatment... eee bestnyerr
NAH said…
Oohh...the list is getting longer.... bestttt!!!! Anybody wants to join.... come la!
Leilanie said…
Ina - that would be a whole load of fun .... ice-skating!!!

movie + ice-skating + spa
(2 hrs + 1 hour + 3 hours)
= 6 hours
(considering that we start at 11am; hmm ... OK, good, we can still make it on time for dinner at home with our families). hee hee

on...........
eyna said…
Yes.. we should gather list of people for this outing. The more the merrier.

Eh.. kena ke balik dinner?!! Ha.. ha.. ha.. (tak baik Ina nih!)
NAH said…
Ina & Lanie...
whatever u say, girls! Count me in!!!
cpj said…
wah wah! bestnye planning! bergambar sakan u!!
NAH said…
CikPijah,
Ibu2 sesekali get together, memang dasyat jadi nya.... hehehe
ku E said…
wah... NAH u luk so damn tall u among d rest hehe...

and what a brilliant planning for the next outing yea. if let me know in advance, i cld 'kaw tim" wz my dad d big boss lol cuz' i'm "boss kecik" je ;)
bunkerangs said…
nah..insyallah balik time raya..hehe..but have to see if he can take time off dulu. by the way, i tried looking for the book that you suggested..guess what...i found it on amazon and the asking price for it is $94.86 US..wahhhhhhhhh....so..maybe bila i balik nanti nak kena buat book lis lah..hehehe
NAH said…
Kue...

Yup...will let u know the date & u can join us 'spa'ing, skating and 'movie'ing.... Mom's Day Out... wooo hooo!!!!
NAH said…
Bunkerangs...
Wah, so expensive meh? How come? I bought it here at less than RM50.
Better buy it here la
bunkerangs said…
nah..tu lah..and i checked kat uni here to see if they have a copy..pun tarak...tu lah kena tunggu i balik sana baru beli..i think in the whole of US..maybe it's the only copy..well at least only one bookshop yang ada.

Popular posts from this blog

To Be or Not To Be

Deadlines were over…. Yesterday was my last day here…. And today marks a whole new beginning of my career life here….. I could be wrong or I could be right for making this decision… but I’ve made up my mind to take up the challenges, nonetheless. I know I’m subjecting myself to a lot of hardwork as well as criticism, scrutiny and observation from the rest……. and time definitely has to be compromised. But being a risk taker…. I am, I know I just have to pull myself together and face the obstacles - one at a time. It’s too late to undo things anyway and the best thing to do is to be positive. Both legs are in and it’s time to march towards the horizon with pride and dignity. Only time can answer the doubts that I have in me now… meanwhile, I need all the luck that I can have.

It was Nik's Birthday

It was my husband’s birthday yesterday and we took the day off to ‘merewang’ while feeling young, kononnya. The theme of the celebration? Reminiscing the days when we were courting back in 1993 minus the snow.... ancient sungguh rasanya! We had our breakfast at O’Brien’s early in the morning and took a slow stroll along the shops in OU and enjoyed every minute of it (at 10am in the morning, mind you, and the shops were barely opened). Later we watched ‘Lake House’ and we were charged RM12 only for 2 tickets (the early bird tickets were so damn cheap, I almost fainted!). There were only a few couples inside and we took the opportunity to sit right at the middle (ikut suka hati), since the theater was quite empty. How was the movie? Hmm… ok la, I would say it was the right movie for the occasion… hehe. A bit slow though, biasa la, romantic piece. The ending part was quite ‘touchy’ and yes, Mr Reeves was so stunningly handsome (oh yes, nampak tua sikit la and still got the looks).

Antara Anyir & Jakarta

I’ve been making regular monthly trips to KLIA since my husband was posted to Jakarta last year. And yesterday….. again, I made my ‘latest trip’ there to send him off (after the recent trip that I had on 3/3/06 when I picked him up from KLIA to spend his 10 solid-days holiday with me and the kids here in KL). Time sure flew fast when you wished for the earth to stop and let you enjoy your 10 days just a little bit longer. Nevertheless, the ‘most awaited 10-days’ was over…..Nik is now back in Jakarta and I’m now back in my office, sitting in my chair, swiveling around every 10 minutes, gazing lazily at the workload dumped on my desk and trying very hard to find every energy stored in my body just to touch those piles of paper…. argh! But the 10-days period was spent joyfully. We took the weekend off last week for a quickie getaway at Cyberview Lodge Resort & Spa…. and oh boy! the resort is spectacular and the view is breathtakingly-beautiful. Of course, the children were the happies