Skip to main content

Antara Anyir & Jakarta

I’ve been making regular monthly trips to KLIA since my husband was posted to Jakarta last year. And yesterday….. again, I made my ‘latest trip’ there to send him off (after the recent trip that I had on 3/3/06 when I picked him up from KLIA to spend his 10 solid-days holiday with me and the kids here in KL).

Time sure flew fast when you wished for the earth to stop and let you enjoy your 10 days just a little bit longer. Nevertheless, the ‘most awaited 10-days’ was over…..Nik is now back in Jakarta and I’m now back in my office, sitting in my chair, swiveling around every 10 minutes, gazing lazily at the workload dumped on my desk and trying very hard to find every energy stored in my body just to touch those piles of paper…. argh!

But the 10-days period was spent joyfully. We took the weekend off last week for a quickie getaway at Cyberview Lodge Resort & Spa…. and oh boy! the resort is spectacular and the view is breathtakingly-beautiful. Of course, the children were the happiest persons alive…..


Relaxing by the pool side

Bukan main lagi anak2 ku itu!















Last Saturday, we wanted to go to Sunway Lagoon for some fun under the sun, unfortunately the water park was closed temporarily for renovation (during school holidays !?)….. so we went to Petrosains in KLCC instead. It was our second time there and Nasreen seems to enjoy the place so much… and I get to refresh my over-used brain, over-flowed memory space on some facts of life.. (of course, with the help of my husband who was never tired explaining some theories, not only to Nasreen and also to yours truly….. hehehe, and yet I got upset when Nasreen didn’t score 100% in her Science subject. Can?).

Weekdays were spent shopping and window shopping and mall hopping with my husband…. hehehe (that’s very US). It’s mega-SALES month again and my eyes popped out every time they landed on the word ‘SALE’. By the way, La Senza is having its greatest sales ever (discounts up to 60%)…. although I promised myself not to dip my fingers in my purse again (since that MPh-Times-Borders bookstore sale-fiasco last month), the temptation this time was too strong to resist… I finally succumbed to my desire and took home pairs of nighties just to satisfy my shopaholic hunger….

And when I came back from KLIA yesterday, I feel emptiness creeping inside me, and again, the urge to just ‘touch my purse’ was flowing in and I knew going to malls would mean ‘pocket-disaster’ (is it normal to feel like this…. like when you are so bored, you know shopping will definitely kill the boredom in no time… or is it just ME????)…

Anyway, I drove and drove and ended up in Baguz Bakery Supplies. Spent a solid 1 hour there and I left the shop with 4 plastic bags in my hands and a big grin on my face…. So, last night I baked cupcakes for my children with the stuff that I bought in Baguz and I felt satisfaction embracing me… and realized that I was more composed thereafter…


There.... the cupcakes & my baking supplies....

Comments

Anonymous said…
ehehe sama la kita, kalau boring gi mall sure by sumthing :P la senza sale? sampai bila ye? like never ending sale skang ni ehehe

best nya nampak cupcakes :)
Hedge-Ay said…
Wow...cupcakes...I can't bake. The last time was Pilsbury chocolate cake dalam kotak.

Wow again to you!
NAH said…
Nad, not sure but MUST go! hehehe.... really worth the price. (ceh ceh ceh... NAH lobbying Nad).
eyna said…
Wow.. I don't thing I can cope with your shopping sensation. Anyway, our extravaganza shopping will be in Bandung eh.. Hmm.. meaning how many % to put aside?!!
Saudari Lee said…
la senza sale eh? wah best nye! is it the sale month now in KL? shld have gone there... AGAIN!! looks like your kids are the ones enjoying themselves at the resort!
NAH said…
SM, alah baking cup cake is as easy as shopping..... wanna try?
NAH said…
Ina,
ye la... Bandung is waiting for you. Lagi banyak % lagi bagusss... hehehe

LadyLee,
now Sale-festival here..something like ur Christmas sale maybe. U must come again.... i think august will be the next sale season.
And oh yes.... the kids yang overly excited. hehehe
Crash Test Mom said…
retail therapy really helps kan? hehe..
bunkerangs said…
aiseh the cup cakes looks so yummy :) looks like you had a good family getaway..hope we can do the same sometime soon :) wish it was me at the pool and at the hotel room..hehe
NAH said…
ShopperMom,
Yeap.... retail therapy is like the mother solution of all problems... doncha think?

Bunkerangs,
My son loves cakes (apa apa jenis, asalkan cakes), so that motivates me to bake more and more because he is my MOST LOYAL customer. *clap* for him.. hehe
cpj said…
the last time i cook to ease my frustration over stupid exam, the agar2 turned out very keras. if i bake cupcakes.. hmm.. mesti jadi makanan itik je.

p/s:kedai bagus bakery supplies tu kat ner ye?
Zetty said…
saya rasa saya perlu pindah dah menyewa di sebelah rumah anda setelah melihat cupcakes itu.
NAH said…
CikPijah,
Practice lagi, u can do it... hehehe.
Bagus is in Sect13, Shah Alam (dekat Giant). If u r in TTDI area, ada a few shops in Tmn Megah (Bake with Yen and also another bakery supplies shop)... quite good also.

Zetty,
can.... not a problem. U can be my son's makan partner.... he sure loves it. Depan rumah kita ada house for rent, mau ka? :)

Popular posts from this blog

To Be or Not To Be

Deadlines were over…. Yesterday was my last day here…. And today marks a whole new beginning of my career life here….. I could be wrong or I could be right for making this decision… but I’ve made up my mind to take up the challenges, nonetheless. I know I’m subjecting myself to a lot of hardwork as well as criticism, scrutiny and observation from the rest……. and time definitely has to be compromised. But being a risk taker…. I am, I know I just have to pull myself together and face the obstacles - one at a time. It’s too late to undo things anyway and the best thing to do is to be positive. Both legs are in and it’s time to march towards the horizon with pride and dignity. Only time can answer the doubts that I have in me now… meanwhile, I need all the luck that I can have.

It was Nik's Birthday

It was my husband’s birthday yesterday and we took the day off to ‘merewang’ while feeling young, kononnya. The theme of the celebration? Reminiscing the days when we were courting back in 1993 minus the snow.... ancient sungguh rasanya! We had our breakfast at O’Brien’s early in the morning and took a slow stroll along the shops in OU and enjoyed every minute of it (at 10am in the morning, mind you, and the shops were barely opened). Later we watched ‘Lake House’ and we were charged RM12 only for 2 tickets (the early bird tickets were so damn cheap, I almost fainted!). There were only a few couples inside and we took the opportunity to sit right at the middle (ikut suka hati), since the theater was quite empty. How was the movie? Hmm… ok la, I would say it was the right movie for the occasion… hehe. A bit slow though, biasa la, romantic piece. The ending part was quite ‘touchy’ and yes, Mr Reeves was so stunningly handsome (oh yes, nampak tua sikit la and still got the looks).

Angels - Mission Possible...!?

Last week was a week full of excitement for me. One, because I was busy with my work, so the week went by faster than usual…. (meaning: less time spent on ‘termenung’ & missing my husband); Two, my hubby dearest was scheduled to arrive on Friday night (3rd March 2006), the more reason for me be thrilled and eager counting the days; Three, me and the rest of March Angels ( Leilanie & T. Ina ) planned to meet up on Friday (3rd March 2006, also) to celebrate our birthdays and Leilanie had this fantastic idea of challenging ourselves to find gifts for the birthday mommies (and the gifts must cost less than 10 bucks each!) – and Leilanie, I must tell you that this challenge really made me sweat all afternoon on Thursday….. hehehe …and Four, me & my husband (and also the children) planned for a weekend getaway to Cyberview Lodge Resort & Spa on 4th & 5th March 2006. There I said it…..nothing much to say about point One & Two…. but point Three and Four…..definitely!!!