Skip to main content

What is Thirty-Four?

Yesterday was my….hmmm…34th birthday (gosh, the number so big, it’s SO mouthful!) Some may say, it’s just a number, while others are so concern about the number being bigger year by year.

So, what do I feel? Yes, 34 is just a number (and it is quite a BIG number, I must say), but I feel great. I went through a great journey and I still am. I believe that the journey will continue just as far as He allows me to travel and while I’m at it, I know that He will always be there to guide me through it.

Over the years, I’m so grateful for all the wonderful things endowed to me by the Almighty in so many ways…. for the strength and patience bestowed upon me… for the wonderful family that I cherish always… for the amazing circle of friends who are constantly around me… and for the good health which enable me to enjoy my life to the fullest. Most importantly, I thanked Him for the greatest gift of all… my husband and my two wonderful children for without them; life would give a different meaning to me.

Yes, my 34 years of journey took me almost everywhere….. from startling experiences in life to the most tearful, heart-breaking, nerve-wrecking time of my life. Miracle worked in strange ways and I later came to believe that there are always reasons for everything that happens in our lives.

So I welcome the number 34 with an open heart…. And thanks a zillion to those who called me, sent me SMSes and emails as early as 12.01am on 26 March 2006, just to wish me Happy Birthday. Boy, am I lucky to have friends as wonderful as you guys!

Comments

Crash Test Mom said…
happy belated birthday nazura! here's to more years of shopping in bandung.. hehe..
ku E said…
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY NAH!

hmm... we are same age yea... also Leilanie ;)
Leilanie said…
Yep..... KuE..... and so is T.Ina.
:)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AGAIN.......... ZURA.
eyna said…
I know I've wished you last week in advanced, belated like yesterday and here again, I'm wanna wish you...

Happy Birthday dear friend.. Keep smiling and the world will smile you back..
NAH said…
ShpperMom,
KuE,
Leilanie,

Thank you for the lovely wishes. Yes, here's to more shopping spree!!! (my husband will say, "women!")
NAH said…
Ops, missed T.Ina by mistake...

Ina, thanks for the wish.... make sure our Plan A to Bandung menjadi reality! hehe
ku E said…
bila tu. wished to flw if m not that bz as bee lol ;)
NAH said…
KuE,
Plan A is to tabung RM2 per day until we have enough to buy flight tickets & shop & spa. Plan B is to decide when to go and it depends on Plan A totally..... hehehe, so we better start simpan RM2 per day from now... :D

Popular posts from this blog

To Be or Not To Be

Deadlines were over…. Yesterday was my last day here…. And today marks a whole new beginning of my career life here….. I could be wrong or I could be right for making this decision… but I’ve made up my mind to take up the challenges, nonetheless. I know I’m subjecting myself to a lot of hardwork as well as criticism, scrutiny and observation from the rest……. and time definitely has to be compromised. But being a risk taker…. I am, I know I just have to pull myself together and face the obstacles - one at a time. It’s too late to undo things anyway and the best thing to do is to be positive. Both legs are in and it’s time to march towards the horizon with pride and dignity. Only time can answer the doubts that I have in me now… meanwhile, I need all the luck that I can have.

It was Nik's Birthday

It was my husband’s birthday yesterday and we took the day off to ‘merewang’ while feeling young, kononnya. The theme of the celebration? Reminiscing the days when we were courting back in 1993 minus the snow.... ancient sungguh rasanya! We had our breakfast at O’Brien’s early in the morning and took a slow stroll along the shops in OU and enjoyed every minute of it (at 10am in the morning, mind you, and the shops were barely opened). Later we watched ‘Lake House’ and we were charged RM12 only for 2 tickets (the early bird tickets were so damn cheap, I almost fainted!). There were only a few couples inside and we took the opportunity to sit right at the middle (ikut suka hati), since the theater was quite empty. How was the movie? Hmm… ok la, I would say it was the right movie for the occasion… hehe. A bit slow though, biasa la, romantic piece. The ending part was quite ‘touchy’ and yes, Mr Reeves was so stunningly handsome (oh yes, nampak tua sikit la and still got the looks).

Angels - Mission Possible...!?

Last week was a week full of excitement for me. One, because I was busy with my work, so the week went by faster than usual…. (meaning: less time spent on ‘termenung’ & missing my husband); Two, my hubby dearest was scheduled to arrive on Friday night (3rd March 2006), the more reason for me be thrilled and eager counting the days; Three, me and the rest of March Angels ( Leilanie & T. Ina ) planned to meet up on Friday (3rd March 2006, also) to celebrate our birthdays and Leilanie had this fantastic idea of challenging ourselves to find gifts for the birthday mommies (and the gifts must cost less than 10 bucks each!) – and Leilanie, I must tell you that this challenge really made me sweat all afternoon on Thursday….. hehehe …and Four, me & my husband (and also the children) planned for a weekend getaway to Cyberview Lodge Resort & Spa on 4th & 5th March 2006. There I said it…..nothing much to say about point One & Two…. but point Three and Four…..definitely!!!