Skip to main content

Yes, I’ve been blessed with a lot of wonderful people around me….. yes friends, you! Read on….

Yesterday, around 6.15pm, I was in the middle of reviewing something when I was called for a meeting with one of big bosses here…. And I was thinking in anger, ‘Great! It’s 6.30pm and they want to have a meeting. Don’t they have families to run back home to????” So I got up from my chair and ran down to one of the meeting rooms in Level 5. I peeped through the small glass and the room was dark and empty. They were not even they yet! Heck!

But when I pushed open the door, suddenly I heard people screaming and laughing and shouting, “Happy Birthday To You!!!!” and everyone was holding a candle in their hand. Gosh! My colleagues planned a Birthday Party for me. No wonder the department was empty when I left and I didn’t even notice. I was speechless! I was asked to blow the candles that they were holding and those on the cake (oh! The cake was so yummylicious!) I was so touched. Everybody was there and I was hugged and kissed…. Hehe (at one point, I felt like a celebrity pulak!)

I bet that was the last birthday celebration for this year… ok, let’s track back the celebrations that I had for my 34th birthday this year:

  1. Lunch with Angels on 3rd March 2006 at Penang Village, TTDI;
  2. Dinner with hubby and children on 18th March 2006 at Bandung;
  3. Lunch with my long-time friend, Julie, at Italiannies on 23rd March 2006. Julie was my roommate when we were in college and now we’re working in the same company…. And soon we’ll be reporting to the same boss… (and able to share the same gossips… hehehe)
    How wonderful life is?
  4. Lunch with my children, my mom and my brother’s family on the BIRTH-day itself at Penang Village, TTDI (again!) – I so love the butter prawn, TQ to Leilanie for introducing this restaurant to me;
  5. And yesterday, another celebration - the birthday bash planned by my colleagues.

I told I’m blessed to have all of you as my friends, didn’t I? And yesterday also Nik told me that he's coming back on Friday for 3 days....... I was jumping with joy! I had loads of surprises this month.... and I thanked Him for all the greatest gifts in my life.

Need I say more?

Comments

Leilanie said…
You are blessed indeed, Zura.

"Good things come to nice people".
hmmm..... Need I say more?

oh, one last note.
Enjoy the weekend with your hubby.
woo hoo......
NAH said…
Leilanie...

yes dear... this year has been great and if this is how people treat 'older' women... then I don't mind being a year older every year... hehe

Woo hoo... looking forward to weekend pulak!
Saudari Lee said…
Nah, enjoy the weekend with your husband!! bestnya your birthday celebrations. so meriah and im gald you enjoyed turning 34. it's a blessing tau. Cheers!
ku E said…
bestnyeeeeeeeeeee... itu belum 35th birthday lagi ;)
NAH said…
LadyLee...
It really is!

KuE,
Lagi besar number, lagi meriah...boleh? Party anak pun kalah.
eyna said…
I believe the more we become older, the more we appreciate our life. And while we're appreciating our life, that's when greatest thing happen. And that's how wonderful life can be..

And yes indeed, you are blessed.. Enjoy your weekend..
NAH said…
T.ina,
Yup... as we grow (in number and physically, hehe).... a lot of wonderful things happened to us and we just have to embrace them one by one..... as they come.
Hedge-Ay said…
Sorry for the late wish...Happy Belated Birthday...
bunkerangs said…
best nyer dapat b'day surprise eh :) the restaurants that you mentioned sounds so good right now. anyway, happy belated b'day...and what did you get for yourself as a b'dy gift? :)
NAH said…
SexyMomma,
Tq...tq.... never too late for the wish :)

Bun,
Yes la... they r so good u might want to get a list from me. Email me when u r due to travel back ok. Bday gift for me? Hehehe... I bought myself bday gifts e'month lepas gaji...so it's a whole lot of things... heheheh
cpj said…
happy belated birthday! great friends you have there.
NAH said…
CikPijah
Tq... tq..... yes, thank God for the great friends I have... yang betul and also yang cyber... hehe like u!

Popular posts from this blog

To Be or Not To Be

Deadlines were over…. Yesterday was my last day here…. And today marks a whole new beginning of my career life here….. I could be wrong or I could be right for making this decision… but I’ve made up my mind to take up the challenges, nonetheless. I know I’m subjecting myself to a lot of hardwork as well as criticism, scrutiny and observation from the rest……. and time definitely has to be compromised. But being a risk taker…. I am, I know I just have to pull myself together and face the obstacles - one at a time. It’s too late to undo things anyway and the best thing to do is to be positive. Both legs are in and it’s time to march towards the horizon with pride and dignity. Only time can answer the doubts that I have in me now… meanwhile, I need all the luck that I can have.

It was Nik's Birthday

It was my husband’s birthday yesterday and we took the day off to ‘merewang’ while feeling young, kononnya. The theme of the celebration? Reminiscing the days when we were courting back in 1993 minus the snow.... ancient sungguh rasanya! We had our breakfast at O’Brien’s early in the morning and took a slow stroll along the shops in OU and enjoyed every minute of it (at 10am in the morning, mind you, and the shops were barely opened). Later we watched ‘Lake House’ and we were charged RM12 only for 2 tickets (the early bird tickets were so damn cheap, I almost fainted!). There were only a few couples inside and we took the opportunity to sit right at the middle (ikut suka hati), since the theater was quite empty. How was the movie? Hmm… ok la, I would say it was the right movie for the occasion… hehe. A bit slow though, biasa la, romantic piece. The ending part was quite ‘touchy’ and yes, Mr Reeves was so stunningly handsome (oh yes, nampak tua sikit la and still got the looks).

Angels - Mission Possible...!?

Last week was a week full of excitement for me. One, because I was busy with my work, so the week went by faster than usual…. (meaning: less time spent on ‘termenung’ & missing my husband); Two, my hubby dearest was scheduled to arrive on Friday night (3rd March 2006), the more reason for me be thrilled and eager counting the days; Three, me and the rest of March Angels ( Leilanie & T. Ina ) planned to meet up on Friday (3rd March 2006, also) to celebrate our birthdays and Leilanie had this fantastic idea of challenging ourselves to find gifts for the birthday mommies (and the gifts must cost less than 10 bucks each!) – and Leilanie, I must tell you that this challenge really made me sweat all afternoon on Thursday….. hehehe …and Four, me & my husband (and also the children) planned for a weekend getaway to Cyberview Lodge Resort & Spa on 4th & 5th March 2006. There I said it…..nothing much to say about point One & Two…. but point Three and Four…..definitely!!!