Skip to main content

Approaching the Number 34!

This year, Year 2006, has been a wonderful year for me thus far. It’s not even my birthday yet, but somehow I already had two celebrations – big thanks to the March Angels and also, husband dearie.

Birthday bash with March Angels was held on Friday, 3/3/06 and the celebration was nothing but fun! And last week, the kids and I left for Jakarta for 5 days. Upon arrival, my husband told me that he had to attend a meeting up in Bandung for a couple of days and that left us with no choice but to follow him (that also left me gawping at the idea of us being left there, mending our own business for a few days, and the word ‘shopping’ struck me like a thunder! Woo hoo! I was cheering quietly….)

We left Jakarta on Thursday and came back on Saturday night. Although Nik was really tied up with his busy schedules, he managed to arrange for a nice & cozy advanced-birthday dinner at The View International Restaurant (they say it’s the second highest peak in Bandung). The view was spectacular and the restaurant is set strategically amidst lush green tops….. priceless sight, I must say. The dinner was served out in the open and it was a breezy and cooling night – almost like spring time. You can actually see beautifully lighted trees and Bandung town from up there, how I wished I had the right kind of camera to capture the spectacular view at night…

These are the closest that I can get…..










































Us @ The View Restaurant, the drink, the gift, the view
The children @ Taman Safari & Dunia Fantasi, Bandung

The impressively arranged candle-lit-dinner made my first quarter of Year 2006 very meaningful and momentous (and the birthday gift was a plus point to the whole scenario, hehe!) He made my day…

Year 2005 left me with significant memories… the death of my father (and me not being able to be with him when he took his last breath & the fact that I was not immediately informed of his death has left me grieving every time I think about him), the death of my grandma and rows of argument that I had with my former boss…. Memories will remain memories though I tried to push them as far back as I possibly can.

I embrace Year 2006 as it comes and my heart strongly tells me that this time it’ll be a smoother ride for me (and an enjoyable one too)… and so it has been.

Comments

eyna said…
Hi NAH..

Romantically said... I trust with more year ahead it'll be more smoother than ever.

Happy advanced birthday!
Hedge-Ay said…
Wow best nye.....I'm sure even though your hubby is busy but being able to share the bed with him at night is better than not having him next to you.

Kan...kan...kan?

So when's the real day?
NAH said…
T.Ina,
TQ for the well wishes...Yup,I look forward to more good things to happen this year, tho' not a second goes by without me thinking abt my dad. May he rests in peace...Amin.

SexyMomma,
Yes..and it is difficult to handle everything alone & hopefully the project will be completed soon. The D day will be this Sunday... woo hoo....I'm turning 34!
Saudari Lee said…
happy birthday in advance dear!

seriously, i didn't know it'd be your 34th birthday cos u definitely look younger!
NAH said…
LadyLee,
Wah.... pagi pagi kena puji... kembang kejap! TQ..TQ..hehehe... anyway, told u I'm old, didn't I.... :)
Anonymous said…
Found ur blog masa tgh lepak2 kat blog bun, nice blog :) have a gr8 year ahead :) And happy birthday in advance.. may many happiness comes in ur way, always..
Leilanie said…
Zura,
Your hubby is "lomantic"-lah.
Mesti syiok bercintan di antara awan-awanan Bandung, disebalik bukit bukau tu kan.

You are blessed with so much good things in life - surrounded by the precious loved one.

HAPPY (advance) BIRTHDAY to you, dear. Turning 34 will be the beginning of an exciting journey........

Take care and see ya soon.
:)

P/s :
So, what's the highest peak in Bandung?
NAH said…
Lin,
Welcome! welcome! will drop by yours soon, ok!

Leilanie,
TQ for the b'day wish. Bercintan2 jugak, but if my temper goes upstairs.. hehe... bertempiaran sume lari including the kids. I hope I'll lose this habit once I turn 34.

The highest peak eh? Not sure the name, but the junction is next to The View nye road. The Angels should plan a trip to Bandung someday eh... mesti tak jumpa jalan balik to KL, i tell u!
bunkerangs said…
aisehhh..romatik nyer...ni yang cam nak gi bandung ni..mana nak pegi langkawi..nak pegi batam..nak pegi bandung..cukup ke two weeks vacation..hahahaha.... am glad that you had a wondeful time :)
Leilanie said…
Bandung is great for shopping and SPAing (we did it at Rogers).
hee hee
I was there last year.
Hubby and I enjoyed it so much.
3 of my cousins are there doing MED, too.

Ina - jom kumpul duit.
Kita tabung RM2 a day; after 4 bulan dah boleh beli ticket AirAsia, kot.
hee hee
eyna said…
Ticket + Lodging + Food + Shopping = RM10 a day. Cukup tak? Planning by end of the year ok tak?
Leilanie said…
Wah Ina.......... itu lebih dari cukup tu...... shopping sakan kiter nanti.
Spa must be in the agenda too....

hee hee
Zetty said…
lawanya hadiah LV ituuuuu....
Crash Test Mom said…
that's it, i'm booking a ticket to bandung asap! bestnya.. i heard shopping at the factory outlets are fantastic. been wanting to go there for the longest time tapi tak sampai2 pun lagi.

sorry to hear about ur dad. may he rest in peace.
NAH said…
Bun,
Yes la... a MUST GO place. Maybe u need more than 2 weeks dear! Extend la sket lagi!

Leilanie & Ina,
Yes, we can take Air Asia. Easy and cheap some more! Must tabung from now. Agenda includes shopping, spaing, eating... can? yes, I saw Roger's tapi belum berkesempatan lagi. Any other bloggers who like to join? Register with us now ok!

Zets,
aaahhhh... mak masih di awang awangan gitiew!

ShopperMom,
yes, like I said, a MUST GO place for people like us... loads of factory outlets. Been there for more than 5 times now but I don't think I dah cover every outlet... imagine betapa banyaknye! (just nak excite u more so u can go there faster) heheh

Popular posts from this blog

To Be or Not To Be

Deadlines were over…. Yesterday was my last day here…. And today marks a whole new beginning of my career life here….. I could be wrong or I could be right for making this decision… but I’ve made up my mind to take up the challenges, nonetheless. I know I’m subjecting myself to a lot of hardwork as well as criticism, scrutiny and observation from the rest……. and time definitely has to be compromised. But being a risk taker…. I am, I know I just have to pull myself together and face the obstacles - one at a time. It’s too late to undo things anyway and the best thing to do is to be positive. Both legs are in and it’s time to march towards the horizon with pride and dignity. Only time can answer the doubts that I have in me now… meanwhile, I need all the luck that I can have.

It was Nik's Birthday

It was my husband’s birthday yesterday and we took the day off to ‘merewang’ while feeling young, kononnya. The theme of the celebration? Reminiscing the days when we were courting back in 1993 minus the snow.... ancient sungguh rasanya! We had our breakfast at O’Brien’s early in the morning and took a slow stroll along the shops in OU and enjoyed every minute of it (at 10am in the morning, mind you, and the shops were barely opened). Later we watched ‘Lake House’ and we were charged RM12 only for 2 tickets (the early bird tickets were so damn cheap, I almost fainted!). There were only a few couples inside and we took the opportunity to sit right at the middle (ikut suka hati), since the theater was quite empty. How was the movie? Hmm… ok la, I would say it was the right movie for the occasion… hehe. A bit slow though, biasa la, romantic piece. The ending part was quite ‘touchy’ and yes, Mr Reeves was so stunningly handsome (oh yes, nampak tua sikit la and still got the looks).

Angels - Mission Possible...!?

Last week was a week full of excitement for me. One, because I was busy with my work, so the week went by faster than usual…. (meaning: less time spent on ‘termenung’ & missing my husband); Two, my hubby dearest was scheduled to arrive on Friday night (3rd March 2006), the more reason for me be thrilled and eager counting the days; Three, me and the rest of March Angels ( Leilanie & T. Ina ) planned to meet up on Friday (3rd March 2006, also) to celebrate our birthdays and Leilanie had this fantastic idea of challenging ourselves to find gifts for the birthday mommies (and the gifts must cost less than 10 bucks each!) – and Leilanie, I must tell you that this challenge really made me sweat all afternoon on Thursday….. hehehe …and Four, me & my husband (and also the children) planned for a weekend getaway to Cyberview Lodge Resort & Spa on 4th & 5th March 2006. There I said it…..nothing much to say about point One & Two…. but point Three and Four…..definitely!!!