Skip to main content

Another Lesson Learned

Today is the 13th day of Ramadhan. Life’s getting busier and busier for me as the days progress towards Aidil Fitri… with husband (Nik) away in Jakarta, with two kids in tow and with all the cookies and cakes to bake for my customers… I bet it’s gonna be the most challenging time of the year.

Last weekend was the busiest day in my entire life for Year 2005 (whhooaaa!!!) and it was an extremely tiring and gloomy weekend for me. Saturday, after sahur (around 5am), I stayed up to bake some 500 pcs. of my hot-selling Chocolate Oat cookies. The baking lasted until 9am -10am (wasn’t really sure as I was too engrossed with my baking activities). After baking, I cleaned up the utility room downstairs, Nik removed the extra bed and a cabinet from the room and fixed the cable TV… haaa… now I have ample space to store my baking supplies and cookie-jars, PLUS I can now watch the TV while baking (no more missing on CSI, Desperate Housewives, Charmed and the likes).

Around noon, I was already exhausted but had to do some last minute shopping for Nik’s trip to Jakarta on Monday. We went to Mid Valley and he bought a pair of Nike Shox – after spending a mere 10 minutes of brain-cracking moments to decide whether he should get a pair of shoes worth RM200+ or RM600+…… will let you marvel on the decision he made. (I forgot to snap a photo of those cool shoes…maybe will do that when he comes back), toiletries stuff and some stationery items. It was almost 3pm when we decided to go down to Jusco supermarket to buy some dried food for him. Then suddenly he thought that he needed to get something from 1-Utama… zzoooomm….. Off we went to 1-Utama. It was almost 6.30pm when we were back at home… running through the items that we bought before it was time for us to break our fast.

On Sunday, like it was planned, the cycle of shop-hopping repeated itself. Only the trip was shorter as we have bought most of the items already on Saturday. We were back at home quite early - around 2pm. Speedily, I put on my ‘baking-suit’ and started running around the kitchen, like a woody woodpecker, and crashing through every single thing that got in the way, baking my cookies again. Pheeewww…. What a weekend for me.

Although I was busy all the way, I tried as much to avoid talking / discussing about Nik going away. There were times when thoughts were not shared or exchanged between us….. Just silence being sandwiched by the two of us, as we sat there in the car. This is the first time he’s going away for a period longer than 3-4 days, after almost 9 years of staying close together since we got married. That explains the gloominess I felt last weekend despite my busy schedule….I guess sometimes you hardly think about the things that you share with your other half... like your life, your time, your laughter, your sadness, your joy, your passion, until times like this. Hmm....life is really an experience.

Nevertheless, life has to progress, no matter what and here I am, not progressing much since this morning….. hahaha!

“Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards."
-author unknown

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Be or Not To Be

Deadlines were over…. Yesterday was my last day here…. And today marks a whole new beginning of my career life here….. I could be wrong or I could be right for making this decision… but I’ve made up my mind to take up the challenges, nonetheless. I know I’m subjecting myself to a lot of hardwork as well as criticism, scrutiny and observation from the rest……. and time definitely has to be compromised. But being a risk taker…. I am, I know I just have to pull myself together and face the obstacles - one at a time. It’s too late to undo things anyway and the best thing to do is to be positive. Both legs are in and it’s time to march towards the horizon with pride and dignity. Only time can answer the doubts that I have in me now… meanwhile, I need all the luck that I can have.

It was Nik's Birthday

It was my husband’s birthday yesterday and we took the day off to ‘merewang’ while feeling young, kononnya. The theme of the celebration? Reminiscing the days when we were courting back in 1993 minus the snow.... ancient sungguh rasanya! We had our breakfast at O’Brien’s early in the morning and took a slow stroll along the shops in OU and enjoyed every minute of it (at 10am in the morning, mind you, and the shops were barely opened). Later we watched ‘Lake House’ and we were charged RM12 only for 2 tickets (the early bird tickets were so damn cheap, I almost fainted!). There were only a few couples inside and we took the opportunity to sit right at the middle (ikut suka hati), since the theater was quite empty. How was the movie? Hmm… ok la, I would say it was the right movie for the occasion… hehe. A bit slow though, biasa la, romantic piece. The ending part was quite ‘touchy’ and yes, Mr Reeves was so stunningly handsome (oh yes, nampak tua sikit la and still got the looks).

Antara Anyir & Jakarta

I’ve been making regular monthly trips to KLIA since my husband was posted to Jakarta last year. And yesterday….. again, I made my ‘latest trip’ there to send him off (after the recent trip that I had on 3/3/06 when I picked him up from KLIA to spend his 10 solid-days holiday with me and the kids here in KL). Time sure flew fast when you wished for the earth to stop and let you enjoy your 10 days just a little bit longer. Nevertheless, the ‘most awaited 10-days’ was over…..Nik is now back in Jakarta and I’m now back in my office, sitting in my chair, swiveling around every 10 minutes, gazing lazily at the workload dumped on my desk and trying very hard to find every energy stored in my body just to touch those piles of paper…. argh! But the 10-days period was spent joyfully. We took the weekend off last week for a quickie getaway at Cyberview Lodge Resort & Spa…. and oh boy! the resort is spectacular and the view is breathtakingly-beautiful. Of course, the children were the happies