Skip to main content

X'mas Trip

It was the closing trip for Year 2010.... despite earlier hiccups and chaos, we both decided that no one will ruin our holiday this year.

As I said previously, it would not be our family destination if it was not for the decision by the majority, but we were left with no options when majority broke the treaty due to unforeseen reasons. Anyway, we proceeded with the plan and fun was all we had.... yes, baby!

Liza, my college friend for close to 17 years now, came along with us and with that, there was nothing more that I could asked for.


We hit the road on Friday, 24th Dec 2010 @ 7am (yes, it was Naqeeb's birthday) and it was quite a relaxing journey as the weather was cool that morning. There were my family, Liza's, Afiq and Aman. Even with a smaller group, we almost wrecked S'pore and JB.... muahahaha.


We reached Kukup Golf Resort in the afternoon, around lunch time, and we stayed in JB that day because everyone was tired. Since we were travelling, we postponed Naqeeb's birthday celebration till later. We hit S'pore the next day, 25th Dec 2010 - that is on the X'mas Day itself.

yeah
Nana: That's how you pose, okay?

After a good meal @ Zam Zam Restaurant in Arab Street (where we had the BEST-est Nasi Briyani and Murtabak), we went straight to Orchard Rd... and so the quest began.... hahaha



10 pax, 3 cameras.... made us feel like celebrities. The person on the left was the bodyguard, trying to chase paparazzi away, and the one on the right was chasing after me, trying to get a close up.... muahahhahaha....... berlakon kejap!

We spent the whole day in Orchard Road and of course, we shopped till we dropped...


It was close to 12am when we reached our hotel back in Johore... but it was a very satisfying trip to S'pore.

The next morning we went straight to Tanjung Piai, the Southernmost tip of Asia... and this is every reason why we were here in Johor. It took us about 10-15 mins from Kukup to Tanjung Piai and the view was breathtakingly beautiful.







To reach the end of the mainland, you have to walk through the jungle along the pathway... since I am not a person who is close to nature, I must say the the walk made me jittery all over. I just couldn't wait to get to the end of the bridge (the image of snakes were in my mind all the time...!) hehhehe


The photos will tell all the fun that we had..... yeayy!!! Yes, we finally conquered Tnjg Piai..... :) So next will be Koh Sa Mui!? No......?


Nana made Uncle Nik jumped.....?! hahahha


Nana was jumping in joy... and made me jumped like Tigger too... eheheh



Before we head back to KL, we stppoed by Kukup jetty and had the BEST-est (again!) seafood ... we had 5 FAT KETAMS..... a whole plate to ourselves, ey Liza.....!?

Big fat crabs... just for me.... :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Be or Not To Be

Deadlines were over…. Yesterday was my last day here…. And today marks a whole new beginning of my career life here….. I could be wrong or I could be right for making this decision… but I’ve made up my mind to take up the challenges, nonetheless. I know I’m subjecting myself to a lot of hardwork as well as criticism, scrutiny and observation from the rest……. and time definitely has to be compromised. But being a risk taker…. I am, I know I just have to pull myself together and face the obstacles - one at a time. It’s too late to undo things anyway and the best thing to do is to be positive. Both legs are in and it’s time to march towards the horizon with pride and dignity. Only time can answer the doubts that I have in me now… meanwhile, I need all the luck that I can have.

It was Nik's Birthday

It was my husband’s birthday yesterday and we took the day off to ‘merewang’ while feeling young, kononnya. The theme of the celebration? Reminiscing the days when we were courting back in 1993 minus the snow.... ancient sungguh rasanya! We had our breakfast at O’Brien’s early in the morning and took a slow stroll along the shops in OU and enjoyed every minute of it (at 10am in the morning, mind you, and the shops were barely opened). Later we watched ‘Lake House’ and we were charged RM12 only for 2 tickets (the early bird tickets were so damn cheap, I almost fainted!). There were only a few couples inside and we took the opportunity to sit right at the middle (ikut suka hati), since the theater was quite empty. How was the movie? Hmm… ok la, I would say it was the right movie for the occasion… hehe. A bit slow though, biasa la, romantic piece. The ending part was quite ‘touchy’ and yes, Mr Reeves was so stunningly handsome (oh yes, nampak tua sikit la and still got the looks).

Antara Anyir & Jakarta

I’ve been making regular monthly trips to KLIA since my husband was posted to Jakarta last year. And yesterday….. again, I made my ‘latest trip’ there to send him off (after the recent trip that I had on 3/3/06 when I picked him up from KLIA to spend his 10 solid-days holiday with me and the kids here in KL). Time sure flew fast when you wished for the earth to stop and let you enjoy your 10 days just a little bit longer. Nevertheless, the ‘most awaited 10-days’ was over…..Nik is now back in Jakarta and I’m now back in my office, sitting in my chair, swiveling around every 10 minutes, gazing lazily at the workload dumped on my desk and trying very hard to find every energy stored in my body just to touch those piles of paper…. argh! But the 10-days period was spent joyfully. We took the weekend off last week for a quickie getaway at Cyberview Lodge Resort & Spa…. and oh boy! the resort is spectacular and the view is breathtakingly-beautiful. Of course, the children were the happies