Skip to main content

A Walk to Remember!?

Finally, I’m writing….

The trip to Singapore was fun…. And also, full of crazy moments.. heheh…


Clockwise : The Q @ immigration, street performers @ Orchard, moi infront of Far East Plaza, Nik chilling out @ Starbucks Suntec CT & my precious new sandal... I like!!




We left KL after Subuh & managed to reach Johor around 10am. The trip was a short one so we decided to leave the kids behind. It was a smooth ride on a cool & very breezy morning with just enough sun all the way (yes, made me sleepy also!). I took some cool pictures along the way and later discovered that I accidently deleted all of the scenery pics from my camera.... *sigh* Sometimes I can be more than the word 'clumsy' could describe...

Anyway, we wanted to enter Singapore via TUAS, then I remembered that we didn’t even have a single cent of S$, so we drove down to JB town and looked for money changer. Then I thought…. no harm of taking the Causeway since it was a Sunday and I was so damn sure that traffic will be smooth also (me being extra smart la konon ni).

Then, it took us by surprise. Upon reaching the immigration check point, both of us gulped to witness that the queue was so long and the worse part was that all the cars were barely moving!!! Quickly we turned around and headed down to Senai (at this point, I promised Nik that this will not take long…. hehehe) and it turned out that the distance was quite far before we reached Second Link highway. As usual, me being extra smart…!

Finally, we reached Singapore around 12 noon… and we struggled our way through Singapore, trying to read the map (TQ to Streetdirectory.com for the free maps)… yes, the AYE, then CTE, then the PIE pulak!….aiyyoohh!!!! (next time I should just fly there like always.. that’s what other normal people would do!!).

Oh did I tell you that we stayed in Geylang? We wouldn’t want to bother my relative there so we decided to book a room. After all, it was just me and Nik (ceh...ceh... macam secret rendezvous la pulak). Unfortunately, since it’s GSS, most of the hotels were fully booked and after days of trying to secure a room via the Internet, I (me!) proudly told my husband that I managed to get one in one of the hotels in Geylang (LL, you must hear this!!)

We checked in around 1pm (they even have rooms that go by the hour… and min. is 2 hours!!) wahhh… I thought, so flexible meh? Excited as I was, both of us didn’t think much about it, checked in, refreshed ourselves and we hit Orchard Road right after that. The MRT station which was supposed to be a few blocks away (yes, according to the hotel people) turned out to be blocks and blocks away… wah la weiii. Rugi energy....We were soaking wet by the time we reached Aljunied Station.

Anyway, we spent the whole day losing our minds in Orchard and took a train back around 10.30pm. Both of us had loads of bags in our hands & we were walking back again to the hotel blocks and blocks away… and taxis were nowhere to be seen! Not even one, ok! I mean, how sad can your life be sometimes? Then we reached the junction that turned down to the road leading to our hotel (Lorong **)….there I (maybe both of us) almost dropped all our shopping bags besides dropping our jaws…. The road was full of street hoo**** hokay! Mat salleh, Chinese, Indian…dressed in skimpy clothing, you name it...… hhuuwwaahhhh…. Like a fiesta, I tell you! And there we were, two innocent Malays, standing in the middle of the road, looked like we were seeing ghosts! I guess those people also looked like they were seeing a couple of ghosts…..with me wearing a scarf and all, walking through them…. So TAK SESUAI dengan keadaan!!!

We hurried our way to the hotel about a few meters from where we were standing (at that point, I felt like I need another pair of legs so that I could walk faster) and we didn’t even lifted our heads up! We reached our hotel alright and suddenly, it struck me like a thunder… no wonder this hotel go by the hour…. aiyyohhh… I felt so cheap lah suddenly.

Because of that, my husband made fun of me because I was the one who made the booking…. Cis!…. And this time, I’m so not proud of my kepandaian & kerajinan… heheh

What a trip... !

Comments

Hedge-Ay said…
Wah, wah trip romantic d'amour...that's what we call adventure okay...hahahaha give me the name of the hotel so that I won't make the same mistake.
NAH said…
SM

Ya lah... the adventerous part was more than what we asked for lor!
It's located in Lorong 12, Geylang. So, avoid those Lorong Lorong hotels ahhh....
Naddy said…
ehehehh adventure gitu Nah ehehehe anyway shopping apa sana? mesti best kan? :)
eyna said…
Hi Zura..
Secret rendezvous turned out kat hotel Lorong 12.. hehehe.. not bad!
Saudari Lee said…
i was trying so hard not to laugh when i read about your lorong hotels. ape lah u ni. u shld have told me. my place, only me and my husband and i dun mind having u both over. rather than kena caught in that situation where they look at you and you look at them. sungguh tak sesuai!!!! fyi, my dear, the lorong2 hotels are the so called 'red' area. never go to the lorong2 hotels.kang nanti kena approached macam i dulu. seram!! funny lah u ni!!
NAH said…
Naddy,
yes, it was quite a long list... nak post pics pun tak leh. Wait ehh

Ina,
What to do... so adventerous as we always are...hmmphh!

LL,
Tried to call u tapi tak sure how to dial using mobile, so finally we decided to jalan ikut suka hati aje... heheh.. tu la, the situation was so kelakar. They must be wondering, what on earth are these people doing here... Takpe, next time I pegi lama sikit, will surely call u. How eh to dial your number tu? Ada +6 ke kat depan?
Anonymous said…
Alamak u went to Singapore?? I can give u tips when u kat sini and I can get corporate rates for hotels in Orchard area but not Geylang hotels. That is a red district area lah. I can fully understand your perasaan while u are there.

And taxis kat sini memang, if u nak taxi, satu pun takde, if tak nak naik taxi, beribu ada on the road.
kimi azhan said…
Zura,

You're so cute and adorable la... this entry made me laughed sampai berair mata okay! How silly of me, never write about MAS crew hotel kat Singapore... the rate is quite okay la... only SGD5 kalau naik taxi ke Orchard Rd. Anyway, I'm sure Nik seronok mengenakan you... hey, that is what we call an adventure!
NAH said…
Crab,

Tu lah! Betul punya trip, i tell you. What looked like an interesting trip turned out to be our worse nightmare... hehehe ok, next time will definitely call you. Leave your number lah @ my email hor!

Kimi,

I'm clumsier than a clown, am I not? aiyoh, what la punya hotel. NaK tido atas katil tu pun pikir 10 kali nak landing, nasib baik penat sangat, else, mau jugak tido standing... hehehe
bunkerangs said…
hahaha..geli hati.when you said that you booked the hotel at geylang..i suspected as much. did you stay at hotel 61?..or any with the numbers..hahahhaha..but at least, you dapat shopping kan :)
NAH said…
Bun,

hehehe... yup it is.... Hotel 81. And they are quite a number of that hotels along that Lorong-lorongs! I promised not to go there again... can never trust the INternet eh. Now I know I got LL & Crab to guide me whenever I plan to stay in S'pore hotel...
Naddy said…
nah, lawa la sandal tu... mahal tak? ehehehe
NAH said…
Nad,

Tq tq... tak mahal pun...S$30 jek.
Zetty said…
hahahah...sure the "residents" at that area macam musykil wondering what are you two up to hahha.
NAH said…
Zets,

kira sume masa tu kat situ terkezut blue hyppo... heheh tak kuaser mak!

Popular posts from this blog

To Be or Not To Be

Deadlines were over…. Yesterday was my last day here…. And today marks a whole new beginning of my career life here….. I could be wrong or I could be right for making this decision… but I’ve made up my mind to take up the challenges, nonetheless. I know I’m subjecting myself to a lot of hardwork as well as criticism, scrutiny and observation from the rest……. and time definitely has to be compromised. But being a risk taker…. I am, I know I just have to pull myself together and face the obstacles - one at a time. It’s too late to undo things anyway and the best thing to do is to be positive. Both legs are in and it’s time to march towards the horizon with pride and dignity. Only time can answer the doubts that I have in me now… meanwhile, I need all the luck that I can have.

It was Nik's Birthday

It was my husband’s birthday yesterday and we took the day off to ‘merewang’ while feeling young, kononnya. The theme of the celebration? Reminiscing the days when we were courting back in 1993 minus the snow.... ancient sungguh rasanya! We had our breakfast at O’Brien’s early in the morning and took a slow stroll along the shops in OU and enjoyed every minute of it (at 10am in the morning, mind you, and the shops were barely opened). Later we watched ‘Lake House’ and we were charged RM12 only for 2 tickets (the early bird tickets were so damn cheap, I almost fainted!). There were only a few couples inside and we took the opportunity to sit right at the middle (ikut suka hati), since the theater was quite empty. How was the movie? Hmm… ok la, I would say it was the right movie for the occasion… hehe. A bit slow though, biasa la, romantic piece. The ending part was quite ‘touchy’ and yes, Mr Reeves was so stunningly handsome (oh yes, nampak tua sikit la and still got the looks).

Antara Anyir & Jakarta

I’ve been making regular monthly trips to KLIA since my husband was posted to Jakarta last year. And yesterday….. again, I made my ‘latest trip’ there to send him off (after the recent trip that I had on 3/3/06 when I picked him up from KLIA to spend his 10 solid-days holiday with me and the kids here in KL). Time sure flew fast when you wished for the earth to stop and let you enjoy your 10 days just a little bit longer. Nevertheless, the ‘most awaited 10-days’ was over…..Nik is now back in Jakarta and I’m now back in my office, sitting in my chair, swiveling around every 10 minutes, gazing lazily at the workload dumped on my desk and trying very hard to find every energy stored in my body just to touch those piles of paper…. argh! But the 10-days period was spent joyfully. We took the weekend off last week for a quickie getaway at Cyberview Lodge Resort & Spa…. and oh boy! the resort is spectacular and the view is breathtakingly-beautiful. Of course, the children were the happies